To me, summer is an experience not a season.
The days feel like a child anticipating something magical about to happen.
But then we grow up and have jobs and summer drives by while we wave… and wish.
Here are ten things to do to grab a piece of summer amidst busy-ness:
- Take off your shoes and go barefoot outside.
- Roll down the window of your car and put your arm out and feel the wind.
- Rub sun tanning lotion on your arms and let the aroma take you away.
- Get out of tin-canned air-conditioned air and breathe in real live summer air.
- Say yes, instead of no.
- Eat your favorite summer fruit–cold. (nectarine for me)
- Run through a sprinkler.
- Treat yourself to a soft serve ice-cream or a Popsicle.
- Play a board game or a game of cards with someone.
- Sit outside at night and enjoy it, even for a second. If you have a sparkler, light it.