Here are a few ideas for you to do for
YOUR man for Valentine’s…
1. Make cupid’s love arrows out of tooth picks and a little construction paper place then where your sweetheart can find them. Wrap a scavenger hunt on each to find a sweet surprise at the end.
2. OR You can go to the dollar store and buy one of those bow and arrows with the suction cups on the end and use as cupids love dart. Stick it on their computer screen with a very romantic date invitation or a love poem or a message. (I snuck this at my husbands work and they hid me in a closet. When he came back from work everyone was in on it and after years and years people still remember…)
3. OR…… Get a piece of construction paper and hole punch a heart on it. Place the paper in a jar so it fits around the edge. Place a candle or battery lights inside the jar so only the heart shows through. Give to your sweetheart.
4. As a goofy romantic I think my objects are often real. So on Valentine’s day move your toothbrush and his next to each other for them to have a fun date while you are both not around. Move his long sleeve shirt near your favorite dress in your closet with the shirt sleeve around your dress on the hanger so they can cuddle while you are away. Place all your shoes and his shoes together in the closet as a group date. You get the idea…
Send your man to this site for a Valentine’s YOU won’t forget! They need to read and slightly prep before February 1st!
To you, GENTLEMEN to surprise YOUR Lady!
Don’t be scared away by all 14. Choose one or two, or surprise her when she is least expecting it.
You can tell someone you love them anytime with a heart…
14 Days of Valentine’s package #1
(Men, I am Not responsible for all the kisses you will receive after this.)
Objective: To show what a creative romantic you are! To create one simple, beautiful heart for your lady for 14 days.
To make it work: YOU MUST BE stealthy, simple but elegant, strong (the will power kind) and for 14 days perform a very unique valentine’s gift.
- You cannot use the internet to virtually send her something. Trust me she wants the real thing!
- No Cheating and buying an already-made heart of any kind! These must be YOUR originals!
- You cannot ask her if she has received anything from you on any of the days in fact you don’t have any idea what she is talking about until Feb. 14th.
- This must be a surprise for her every day. Don’t give it away that this is you melting her heart.
- TIP: Everyone uses candy kisses at Valentine’s, which is adorable, but I am staying away from them here. You can use them if you want.
- You will begin on Jan. 31st (which is next Tues. by the way) late in the evening.
- For the next 14 days you are going to make ONE little heart creation every day for sweetheart to find. Remember, get creative. You can decorate the inside of your heart with items as well. Have fun with this!
- Only ONE heart a day.
- Decide which of the ideas fit your relationship to make. I am super spontaneous and do this by the day and what I am feeling, but you may be the kind that has to map it all out beforehand.
- Use your imagination, for heaven’s sakes and adapt things that don’t fit. Look around your house, at the grocery store, at the hardware store. What can you use? This is not that difficult.
- Squeezing out a fast heart from your toothpaste tube does not constitute a thoughtful part of this package. This is not, “Oh darn I forgot. What can I do fast!” The thought behind, the element of surprise and the doing is part of the gift!
- KEY: Your finished creation MUST MUST MUST look neat and clean. She will take notice!
- If you have a difficult time making a “clean” neat shaped heart, take some typing paper and fold it in half. Cut a half heart shape out and open it up and use this as your heart pattern. Be sure to place your heart on a surface that will look cool. Often black construction paper really makes it stand out. Make the background contrast with the color of your heart.
- Here are some heart ideas. Remember, simple but clean is the key. She is going to go crazy in love with you!
- If you’re a dad, let the kids be in on it with you. They will keep your secret and love to help! Every child loves to see their dad love their mom!f
IDEAS FOR THE HEARTS:
(Adapt to your own relationship)
On Jan. 31st at midnight you are going to create this next to her purse or keys or whatever she grabs as she leaves the house.
Everyone has a bunch of pennies. Create a heart shape out of only pennies on a piece of construction paper—preferably a blue because that will make them stand out more. (Remember be secretive) If you need a pattern use the heart shape you made from your typing paper cut out. This heart needs to be as big as the paper. (Guys, don’t leave the pattern there!) NO small hearts either. In the center you can write on another piece of paper: “When I found you, that was my lucky day! Happy Feb. 1st.”
That is all. No, “Love, Tommy”, or “Isn’t this so cool, what do ya think huh huh huh…” Remember stealthy, simple and clean, elegant, and keep it a surprise.
Arrange crayons pointing out from a heart shape on a white foam core board, with a middle crayon in the center that is her favorite color. Write YOU on the crayon wrapper. Then leave a tiny note in the center of the heart under the crayon that says: “YOU color my world, or YOU are my favorite color, HAPPY FEBRUARY 2nd.”
Buy a bar of soap ahead of time. (Ivory is super soft for carving) With a pencil draw a heart in the center. Now take a kitchen knife and carve the heart in the soap. Place where she will notice with a note— like in the shower…(This blog is G rated) But you could write an innocent Boy Scout tune of… “Oh I wish I were a little bar of soap…bar of soap… Happy Feb. 3nd”
Go buy 2 cans of black olives. Use your heart shape for your guide and place the olives around the border of the heart pattern. Make sure this is done on a white or colored sheet of paper. This heart will be placed in a place you choose, maybe her kitchen counter. You can say “Olive me loves Olive you! Happy Feb. 4th.”
If you live near sand pour some in a clothes box you probably have in your closet. Smooth the sand really nice then draw a heart in the dry sand. Or line the box with foil or plastic wrap, wet the sand, and draw your heart in wet sand. If you do not have sand, you can use white corn meal that you use to make corn bread. Place this at her work desk, or near her computer. “Happy Feb. 5th” is all you need to say.
Did I not say toothpaste! Well this has creative flair and spontaneity written all over it! Rub MINT toothpaste all over her bathroom counter until its thick and smooth. Yep right on the counter! (You can substitute shaving cream too.)With your finger draw a big heart in the center. Leave a note: “We were MINT to be together! Happy Feb. 6th.”
Take 2 of your ties. Make them into a huge heart shape on her bed. You can use other ones to make swirls or make the heart thicker. Then write: “You, wrapped around my neck, is what I dream about! Happy Feb. 7th.”
That other bar of Ivory soap that came in the dual pack can be used to your advantage. You can write on glass with soap and it is easily removable. Make a huge heart on the inside of her car windshield so she has to look at it the entire way to work, to school, to the dentist, etc! Draw hearts on her side mirrors, her rear view mirror and then leave a note: “Love on the go” or “You drive me crazy! Happy Feb. 8th.”
If your girl is a sweet tooth go buy a huge bag of M&M’s, chocolate chips, and other chocolate treats. On a white paper use your pattern to make an M&M heart for the border. Then on the inside place all the chocolate chips to fill in the inside. Write: “You’re sweet. Happy Feb. 9th.” Or, “You’re my sweetheart!”
Heart # 10
Do you live in snow? The snow heart: Place water in a squirt bottle with red food coloring in it and go outside and walk a heart in the yard. Then squirt the inside red. Or build a big snowheart like a snow man. Place your message on a sign attached to a snow shovel. No Snow? Fill a clear pan with water and freeze. Put a laminated red heart or flower petals on the ice and pour one more inch of water over it so the heart is frozen inside the ice. Pop it out of the pan and leave it where she can see. The ice will melt so place on something to catch the water. (Thanks Z) Write on note: “When “I C E” See You, I melt! Happy Feb. 10th.”
Go to the local grocery store or florist. Buy one color of carnations or her favorite flower. You are making a heart from the tops of the flowers so you will snip off all the tops and arrange in a heart shape. Then cut the stems to say “Happy Feb. 11th.” Place on her doorstep again. You can fill in the heart with a different color flower…so beautiful 🙂
Heart # 12
Get a cookie sheet or white paper and pour one side of the heart as sugar and one side as cinnamon. In the middle of the heart you will place a warm hot cinnamon roll. You will say: “Girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice. Enjoy Feb. 12th.”
Make your heart with only small assorted toys and/or game pieces. (Go to the dollar store if you don’t have access.) Fill the entire heart shape full of toys. Then write: “Can I come over and play? Happy Feb. 13th.”
Heart # 14
Go buy some small votive candles or use Christmas lights. Remember you are making atmosphere along with your heart. In the evening or night, make a large heart with the candles or lights in her front yard, and place YOU right in the middle holding a sign which says, “Happy February 14th, Will you be my Valentine?” Please smell nice, look handsome and speak sweetly. I guarantee, she will run to you, give you a huge hug and say, “Yes, I will!”
After that you are on your own.
But I am so proud of you! Great Job!
- Make a heart outline only with a few layers of safety pins and fill the inside with straight pins. (Of use honey, tape, glue, etc.) Write: I am stuck on you…
- If your lady does not like sweets, you can use different types of fruits and vegetables to outline a heart and fill it in. Just make a cool heart design and remember to repeat color or shape.
- Nuts and bolts can be used to make a heart that says “nuts about you.” Or you can use real nuts to make your heart shape.
- Make a heart like a sand castle at the beach.
- Make a heart from Cheerios and say “Knowing you makes my heart Healthy”
- Pancake hearts are yummy. Make a HUGE one and don’t forget the whipped cream! Hey you could squirt out a heart with whipped cream and place chocolate chips and blueberries in it.
14 Days of Valentine’s Packages 2-4
Easy quickies with similar results…
- Go buy an assortment of Sponge Bob, Spider Man, Barbie, and Smurf children’s valentines. For the next 14 days give your sweetie one a day in a secret spots where they spend their day. Simple…So cute! (In shoe, in purse, in car, in desk, etc.)
- On a white paper doily place ONE message candy heart right in the middle. Choose the message written on the heart for the day. Do for 14 days. (Place in various spots like inside shoes, pockets, wallet, etc.)
- Go buy 14 regular Hallmark type cards. There are some absolutely fantastic cards created for Valentine’s Day. Some serious, some funny, some cheap, some super elaborate. Spend the next 14 days leaving these cards in various spots for your sweetie to find. (Costly) Put in fillers for fun like a penny, chocolate, etc.
- Do sweet service for 14 days for your sweetheart. My husband and I have alternated for years. Each day we give something like: Happy Feb. 3 you get a 30 minute foot-rub tonight.
Part of the gift is the time and effort you put into it!
HAVE FUN WITH IT!